Ed Huntress

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

"Gunner" wrote in message

Although most of the
reservists were used to strengthen America's depleted strategic
reserve force, four ANG fighter squadrons were dispatched to Vietnam.
"
Joining the Air National Guard, at the time the Air National Guard
was being sent to Nam..sounds like a cowards way to me.

Oh, get real. Four squadrons sent to Vietnam? I'll take those odds. That's
the definition of a good dodge.

As you probably know if you were really awake at the time, and if you
weren't spending too much time with the bong, practically everyone who
joined the ANG in those years did so to reduce their chances of fighting in
'Nam to near zero, while still putting in their time.

That was the whole point. Don't you know that?

Ed Huntress