Posted to rec.woodworking
Allen Roy Allen Roy is offline

Default Other than that, it's fine

"Greg O" wrote in message
"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Dec 23, 2:26 am, "todd" wrote:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/252707189.html

LOL.. I find things like that humourous also. He probably paid a mint
for it, and somehow, in his mind, there is enough residual value left
in it that he can't throw it away. Computer 'deals' are often like
that. You know the guy paid thousands for that 300 DPI laser, way back
when, and now hopes to get $ 500.00 for it....oh..needs drum and fuser.

But why $ 19.00??? He didn't think he'd get $ 20.00?

Thanks for that.

Yep! I just bought a used laptop from my employer. He was asking $500. I
just laughed at him and said I would give him $200 and not a penny more.
His come back was that the computer cost him $2500, plus he just loaded
Win XP Pro a few months earlier which cost him $300. I told him fine, but
for $500 I could darned near buy a new laptop, with more RAM, a bigger HD,
wireless, and Ethernet port He finally gave up, and I got the 'puter for
my price!
Greg

I bought a used Toro snowthrower from my employer a few years ago. When I
tried to start it, the recoil was locked tight. Upon looking at it some
more, I discovered that the only thing wrong was a bolt wedged into the
impeller. I told them "I don't know how much it will take to fix it" in
which the owner replied, "$20 and it's yours then" It took me 6 hours and
$10 in parts to fix it.(It need a tune up bad and the carb was all messed
up) It has moved it fair share of snow since.

Allen