Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carpet Purchase ...need input

"Malcolm Hoar" wrote in message

Home Depot and Lowe's do offer good value for money, even though
their service tends to suck.

So you consider poor service as part of a good value?

That's not what I said or meant.

Sometimes (actually pretty often) I can't afford perfection.

And I will often tend to choose a good product with crappy
service over a crappy product with good service.

I left in exactly what you said. The store offers good value for the money,
even though their service tends to suck. Knowing they offer poor service,
you are willing to buy (that is your choice), but, IMO, if the service sucks
it is not a good value at any price. As long as customers knowingly accept
poor service, the stores will continue to provide it. Business loves
customers like that.