Posted to alt.home.repair
1_Patriotic_Guy 1_Patriotic_Guy is offline

Default Please advise for Hot Tub Jets

Subject: Please advise for Hot Tub

I bought a 1992 Hot Tub and restored it to use, rebuilding the cabinet,
installing shut-off valves for maintenance without draining the tub,
and replaced a broken heating element. It has a 2 speed motor that
runs on 110volts and a heater that runs on 220volts. The pump runs on
low speed any time the thermostat calls for heat or high speed if user
selected at a switch on the upper console.

Initially the jets provided pressure sufficient for my wife, but
eventually the motor quit working. I swapped it out with a new motor
of the same specs. I took the old motor apart and found the complex
contacts that determine the motor speed had corroded.

Unfortunately, while the new motor is similar, I can't get the
same Jet pressure anymore. Close but not good enough for my wife.
What are my options?