Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Samsung 27" TV doesn't work.

George Jetson wrote:
wrote in :

Unless this is just a hobby for you TVs are usually like Bic lighters.
When they go bad you toss them.
If you just start "easter egging" parts in there you could have more
than the TV is worth and still not fix it. Sometimes is is just one
thing but if this thing was hit by a power surge you could have smoked
several thiings

This one cost $700 new, and is better than the one I have now. If I can fix
it for $50 or $60 it'll be worth it. If I can't I'll toss it.

If you know what you're doing it shouldn't be hard to fix, otherwise
take it to a shop or at least find a friend who's experienced in working
on TVs or you'll more likely make it unrepairable.

Do you have a multimeter, soldering tools, and a basic understanding of
how a television set works?