Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Saving deck supports

52 detailed pages, see groundwater control, climate, and more at:
http://www.buildingscience.com/resou...r_Renovate.pdf
it's always about the moisture travel, this website always shows more
than i need to know, see other links from:
http://www.buildingscience.com

C & E wrote:
My is 20 yrs old and the 4x4 supports are sunk directly in the concrete.
Inspection does not reveal any obvious rot... yet. I was wondering if
making a flashing near the concrete/ wood interface but high enough to allow
air circ would be of any use at this late date. I also considered using the
glycol-borax-boric acid mix as a preventative. There is a bit of a gap
between the wood and concrete that should accept this if it's of
sufficiently low viscocity. I know that in the long run I't's a lost cause
but is this a worthy project?