Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Stuart & Kathryn Fields Stuart & Kathryn Fields is offline

Default Useful Items From Thrift And Dollar Stores For The Shop

I used two ThrustMaster Top gun video game joy sticks as stick grips in my
Baby Belle helicopter. They look pretty much identical to those selling for
$150 in aviation catalogs. I think that I got both for less than $20. I've
removed the bases, did a very small wiring mod and sold them with adapters
for $100 each. $50. w/o adapters. The TopGun joysticks are available on
ebay typically for less than $20. each.

--
Stuart Fields
Experimental Helo magazine

www.vkss.com
www.experimentalhelo.com

"# Fred #" wrote in message
. ..

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
ps.com...
I would be interested in hearing what items fellow home shop owners
find in thrift stores and dollar stores that end up being useful in the
home shop environment.

Thanks in advance.

TMT

Not much at the dollar store maybe some use once throw away hand tools.

Thrift store is another story. I got two floor standing 3/4hp, 5/8" chuck
drill presses, Dremel Advantage (the one with the large motor), 24"

aluminum
pipe wrench (lighter than my 24" Rigid), a combination wrench set
(beautifully highly polished black nickel plating more for show than work,

don't need another wrench set but tools are hard to refuse), various other
Chinese and name brand hand tools.

If thrift shop includes Harbor Freight, see my post below.