Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Power Screwdriving bit

wrote in
:

It seems that I always end up with a bit gets stripped quickly.
The Phillip driver is the worth of them all.
I try to adjust the toque of my drill but it does not appear to work
all that good.
Up to now I used to get my screwdriving bits at Sears or Home Depot.
I quickly learned that they are all made in China.
This morning I picked up at Wal-Mart a Robertson #3 bit labelled
Vermont American USA. There are no stamping that shows made in USA.
I can only assumed that because its stamped USA that it is made in the
US. Hopefully they will perform longer the those stamped made in
China.

You know what bits I find to be really good? The ones that come with
those hand-held "stick" screwdrivers. I've used a couple for years with
little degregation of the tip.

Puckdropper