Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carpet Purchase ...need input

wrote in message
2. Which company offers best value...Home Depot, Lowe's or a small mom
and pop store.
When we checked we found the large stores like Home Depot were less
expensive.

They may have been a bit less expensive at the big store, but you probably
won't get the same level of service either. You may even be downright
unhappy with them from what I've been hearing. You may or may not get a good
installer, Crap shoot.

Check a couple of small local dealers. You may find that they are very
competitive, offer a better quality, stand behind their installers, offer
better services. Considering the total cost, the life of the carpet, it is
well worth an extra $100 to have a perfect job over one of the cheapest
installer.

A good dealer will also take a lot of time to answer all of your questions,
especially about material types and what is best for your needs. Our local
dealer had over 35 years in the business, compared to how long for the
salesman at the big box store? Just my opinion, but carpet is too big an
expense and something that you live with for years, so don't take chances.