Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Whats wrong with todays tv video ?

Good question . In my eyes a decent picture is just fine . I do alot of
`off air`` watching with a good old pull up antenna on the tv set . If
the picture is slightly snowy i dont care , i grew up with that .
A nice clear picture is nice too .

I could care less about digital high def tv pictures .. its just not
that important .

"Ken G." wrote in message
It`s not all about broadcast spectrum. It's about DVD recorders, VCR's

Why did they make these units record in the first place ? In the 60`s
and 70`s we didnt have these . None of our friends had them . We were
out playing after an hour of morning cartoons . Parents were only
watching tv for a couple hours in the evening .
If they make watching tv hard enough it might be a good thing !

BRAVO KEN! You hit the nail on the head. No wonder this world (more-so the
U.S.) is as it is. Too much arm chair excersize.

When we were kids, we couldn't wait to go outside! Unless it was raining -
then it may have been a bit of a rant. I spent more time playing pick up
sports, fishing, roaming the local woods or creeks for critters, looking for
and doing odd jobs to earn some cash, doing errands for my parents - than
watching TV. If I wasn't doing that, then I was reading books to "learn"
from.

Yes, it IS nice to have a nice clear picture - BUT - as a recent commercial
uses the words of a famous song and says - "you can't always get what you
want". Hey, TV is TV. Cable or rabbit ears - you turn it on - watch what you
want - and get away from it afterwards! It wasn't designed to be stuck
watching it 24/7 - unless of course - you have no choice. I don't know many
who do NOT have a choice.

Today, I seen a preview of a show designed to pay big stakes for "Video
Games". Sheesh, no wonder this country is getting so freaking lazy. So it
now gives our kids more incentive to "sit" and watch a "screen". YIKES!

Technology is great but can also be ruination and at the rate we're going -
the others will create the ruination for us. They produce these stupid
things - our people get sucked into it and whalah! They'll catch us
literally by the seat of our pants being most will be sitting - and
watching - A SCREEN!

What a waste to let life slip by like that. MY only use of TV - is to watch
as I fall asleep, watch the news during lunch or dinner, "listening" to it
while busy on the computer with my work or watch during a break or folding
laundry on my couch (being a bachelor). But it sure doesn't rule my life!
Black and white, snow or clear - as long as I can see "something" - I'm
happy. IF all I could watch, is the news - that is ok. Most of the new crap
isn't worth watching - anyway.

Lou