Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Useful Items From Thrift And Dollar Stores For The Shop

Sad items found in our local thrift shops are cheaply priced, well made
and often signed turned bowls and other pieces. Also nice mini bird
houses and other nicely done ornaments that sell for 50 cents, but were
likely owned and enjoyed by a late resident.

Depressing items are the trashy imports valued the same or even above
the sad items. Happy items are an unused printer for my WebTv, sockets,
plugs and cords for my table lamps, navy uniform buttons for my marine
oriented wine bottle coasters and cabochons for my box tops plus
comfortable long sleeve cotton 'turning shirts'.

I'm old and secure enough not to live in fear that the initials on a
shirt not originally mine, will be recognized by the previous owner, but
here in S. Fla. (aka 'God's Waiting Room') he's probably deceased.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter