Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Brian C Brian C is offline

Default Useful Items From Thrift And Dollar Stores For The Shop

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
I can't recall ever finding a tool worth getting at a thrift shop, but I
could spend myself into bankruptcy at a used tool store called the Tool
Shed (at 471 Main Street, Waltham, Massachusetts) if I let myself stop
by there more than a few times a year. G

Oh great, a place I don't dare go to and it's less than 2 hours away.
Please don't tell me about these places because I can't afford them
either. G

Another type of place that can be dangerous: some factories have
surplus stores that sell crib over stock, used equipment and whatever -
I've bought computers (less than 3 years old, $69), calipers, metal
bits, workbenches and cabinets and I've seen motors, millers,
electrical stock - the list just goes on and on and that's from just
one factory, albeit a large one.

BrianC