Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Useful Items From Thrift And Dollar Stores For The Shop

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I would be interested in hearing what items fellow home shop owners
find in thrift stores and dollar stores that end up being useful in the
home shop environment.

Thanks in advance.

TMT

Not exactly "home shop", but...

I find the dollar stores have low prices on paper towels and paper
napkins for our office lunchroom. I load up on them every few months.

The thrift stores (There's a Goodwill Industries one nearby us.) often
have great buys in wooden furniture. Most of thr "knock around" chairs
at our office came from there. Just yesterday I picked up a couple of
chairs like these for just five bucks each, they'll last forever with
just an occasional regluing of a loose joint:

http://www.sailorsport.com/product_i...id_2895_10.jpg

I can't recall ever finding a tool worth getting at a thrift shop, but I
could spend myself into bankruptcy at a used tool store called the Tool
Shed (at 471 Main Street, Waltham, Massachusetts) if I let myself stop
by there more than a few times a year. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)