Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB RonB is offline

Default Kitchen Knives Wives Tale?

"Bill in Detroit" wrote in message
Mike Marlow wrote:
A special rack to enclose the blade so the
user does not cut themselves while unloading... sounds more like they're
selling dishwashers to users that should not have any sharp objects
around.

What company is that?

I would think many of them by now. We built our house in 1997 and the
machine we installed had such a rack (Kitchenaid). I noticed our Son's new
dishwasher had a similar rack when he built his home this fall.

From the posts above, I suspect a lot of folks have a grander idea of what
this rack is than its reality. At one end of our door-mounted silverware
rack is a filp-up rack with slots to accommodate 6 or 8 knife blades. If
you use it, it keeps blades pointed down, not up. And despite some opinions
above, it is very easy to put a knife in a washer rack blade up, when you
are accustomed to putting spoons, forks and dinner knives in that way.

RonB