Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WC poor flushing

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "jks"
saying something like:

I've just installed a new BTW pan and concealed cistern. (Macdee
Pneu-Compact / Lecico pan).

The water thunders out of the cistern ok but causes a certain amount of
splashing of the seat. It doesn't however flush things away very well and I
usually have to flush twice. Does anyone know how to improve it?

Take smaller and more frequent dumps.

Indeed.

We have 3 tytpes of toliet hear.

Brand 1. about ten years old rescued from old house, dirt cheap from B &
Q. Works fine.

Brand 2. Snazzy edwardian style from Ideal shanks or something. Flushes
well with lots of water but misses the bit that soft turds stuck to..

Brand 3. Bathstores edwardian ********, bought in an attempt to solve th
eabove problem.

Washes the bowl clean but fails to deal with man sized turds at all.
They simply stay there winking at you as the water boils past..

Apropos of stuff that simply is not for for purpose, the in-laws finally
acquired a teapot that actually pours tea without it dripping down the
spout..even when full. Its AGA branded. In all my life its the first
teapot I have known that actually pours tea..properly.

Conversely their AGA brand stainless saucepans have handles that are
falling off due to failure of the spotwelds.

WE need a new thread entitled 'stuff that actually works..'