Ed Huntress

Default A new low in cheap tools?

"Mickey Feldman" wrote in
message ...

So finally the other day I need to drill some nice soft plastic, got
'em out, chucked up the bit I needed. Hmm. Must have chucked it
off-center. Seems to be wobbling. Rechucked, paying attention this
time. Hmmm? Still wobbling. Took it out. Rolled it on the drill press
table. BENT! Straight (if I may use the word) from the factory! Argh!
Sheesh. Ya can't trust anybody anymore.

I think those are the ones that actually start as nails. When a nail gets
stuck in the cold-header machine and they have to grab it with pliers and
twist it out, they call that nail a "drill bit" and cut the head off of it.

Ed Huntress