Posted to alt.home.repair
El Penguini El Penguini is offline

Default Installing Curtain Drain?

I installed drainage on my property, capturing some low areas on my backyard
and my gutter discharge.

What is the problem that drives the 'curtain drain' answer?

For my project I used a trencher and flex pipe, and it was a crap-load of
work.

If you're going near the foundation, you're talking very careful backhoe
work. One inattentive moment and you're crushing your house. Yipes.

The largest part of my job was trenching the discharge. The water has to go
somewhere that it won't cause a problem for you or your immediate neighbors.

El Penguini
"Gordian" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi - I'm buying a house and have been told that I need to have a
curtain drain, about 3' deep, installed around the place. I know more
or less the idea of the curtain drain, but have never installed one
myself - is this a doable home maintenance project? Does anyone have a
synopsis of what would need to be done?

Any advice would be super appreciated!

Thanks, Joshua Curtis