Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid Appliance Repair Aid is offline

Default Need to separate the inner tub from the outer on my Kenmore front load

cnawalker wrote:
I have a Kenmore model 417 front load washer with something caught between
the inner and outer tubs. Whatever is in there is preventing all spinning.
I have checked the motor and I know the transmission is fine. I have the
outer tub taken apart but I can't get the inner tub separated from the
back half of the outer tub. I'm not even sure if the spindle that's
accessible from the back is supposed to turn clockwise or
counterclockwise, so I don't want to really crank on it. Can anybody help?

Hi,

model 417

That is the beginning of a model#.

I have checked the motor and I know the transmission is fine

Front load washers do not have a transmission.

Need to separate the inner tub from the outer

This may help...
http://www.applianceaid.com/417_Frigidaire_washer.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid