Posted to alt.home.repair
electrical inspector electrical inspector is offline

Default Code for a Light inside Walkin Closet

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a walkin closet that is approx. 10ft by 4ft and am adding a
light to it. When you walk in the closet you make an imediate left. On
the right is the shelving and on the left is a wall running down the
10ft. I am adding the light in the middle of the closet not above the
door. I know the code is 12" away from the shelves for incandecent and
6" away for fluorescent. My question is how far from the wall on the
left do I have to be?

Thanks,

Scott

closet lights in all closets five square feet or larger.
All closet lights shall be recessed or fluorescent with a solid lens
covering the bulb.