Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M. Procida D.M. Procida is offline

Default Washing machine motor brushes

Ian G wrote:

In general, how long does this take? The shine of my washing machine
success is being tarnished by my girlfriend's remarks about how noisy it
it.

You could accelerate the bedding in process by rubbing a strip of
glasspaper back and forth between the commutator and the brushes.
(motor stationary, power off , and abrasive side towards the brushes)
You don't have a groove in the commutator do you ?

Not that I had noticed, it seemed fairly smooth. I don't suppose
lubricating the commutator with a little graphite powder would be a wise
idea.

Daniele
--
Now as you lie motionless, stiff, feeling nothing but the blood in your
toes, the needles and the pins, poking and prodding, I want you now to