Martin H. Eastburn

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

Gunner wrote:
On 9 Feb 2004 05:41:10 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

GW strapped on a supersonic aircraft which could have killed him in an
instant.

Too bad he never learned to fly those when he was in his
former training. This was a great photo op, but to suggest
that he was anything other than along for the ride is to
disparage the real pilot who flew him. That man had the
guts to actually take advantage of the training given
him by the air force, and not just hide away until the
smoke cleared in Vietnam.

You could strap GWB onto a space shuttle, that don't
make him an astronaut.

Jim

Ah Jim...Dubya WAS a F-102 pilot (along with a number of other
aircraft, any of which could have killed him)..

http://www.danford.net/bushf102.htm

as the author said in his last paragraph....

"If I were judging Bush on his career as an Air Force officer, I would
be inclined to grade him much as his Yale professors did, with a
"gentleman's C" (which in this era of grade inflation would translate
to a B-plus). I can't of course judge him as a pilot, except to doff
the virtual hat to anyone who could handle a supersonic aircraft
without killing himself or a bystander."

Please try to seperate your anti-Bush sentiments from the facts, ok?
Btw..what aircraft do you have time in?

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Snicker : C-47 - or was that a 07 :-)

Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn