Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,alt.building.construction
Bill in Detroit Bill in Detroit is offline

Default Floating a 3/4" Solid Hardwood Floor Over Above Grade Concrete?

resrfglc wrote:
"I use livestock padding "

I was pricing that at Tractor Supply and bought some of those 24" square
foam interlocking sections at Big Lots (6 for $12) to serve immediately.

But the concern I have is that they may hold the moisture beneath and create
a layer of mold between concrete and "livestock pads" which appear
non-porous.

Do you ever check beneath them to see if anything's growing there?

I use a 24"x24"x 3/4" foam padding product I got from an auto supply
store. It does trap moisture underneath (house built in 1945) so I stand
the pads, one each in front of lathe and TS, up on edge when I am
vacuuming and leave them up until time to use them again.

Works for me. YMMV

Bill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0662-0, 12/22/2006
Tested on: 12/23/2006 2:33:46 AM