Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default multitester confusion

"Boothbay" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a radio shack multitester to check my batteries, primarily my
laptop batteries. First on my old dead battery of Toshiba laptop, they
had a positive and negative mark shown..so it was easy to check it out
with the tester. But I bought it to check my Dell battery that lasted 1
year to the day of the end of my warranty. Fortunately, i did get a
refurbished one in time. Disappointed that it only lasted a year and I
had only used it a total of maybe 10 hours with the battery on my last
vacation...10 hours in 1 year and poof it went.

Chances are the battery died because you didn't use it. Batteries self-
discharge. If left discharged for significant periods of time, the battery
will die early.

Bob