Gunner

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

On 9 Feb 2004 13:55:30 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

And if his squadron had been deployed to RVN?

Yep, 'if my aunt had wheels, she'd be a tea-cart.'
Which is another way of saying the obvious in this
case, which is gwb's dad bought him a slot in that
outfit so he wouldn't *have* to go overseas.

If that problem cropped up again, dad would fix
it up some other way, the same way he did it the
first time, with an application of money or
influence.

Are you positive? Seems Dad was something of a hawk, also a pilot if
you remember.

To be honest..if I had the opportunity to keep my kid out of RVN, Id
have done it also, even though I volunteered to go.

Honestly I'm suprised at your naive viewpoint here
on this issue gunner. There's absolutely no
reason in the world that rich folks shouldn't
be allowed to spend their hard inherited money
any way they want! And that includes buying
their son out of combat. This country has a long
histroy of this sort of thing - look back at
the civil war, all one had to do is 'hire'
a substitute to get out of the draft.

Jim

When you can PROVE that Bush bought his way out of combat, we will
discuss the issue. So far you are making your claims on guesses.
Probably true..but innocent until proven guilty.

Dig out your proof, and we can discuss the issues.

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas