Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default The new Festool Domino

On Dec 22, 7:32 pm, "Leon" wrote:
Using their tenons, I bet the fit is good enough. The tool should go for
about $700. US. Pricey but about the same proce of some Lamelo plate
joiners.

As usual, good idea well executed, Festool-type coin. I will no doubt
spring for one some day, but first I want to see the format adapted by
other manufacturers. I can buy good ol' biscuits from a dozen sources
(although I prefer Lamello), but to be that dependant on Festool? I
suppose one could make a whack of tenons in a pinch.

The other thing that puzzles me is: why? There are plenty of tests
which prove that double biscuits are in tenon territory in terms of
strength.

The only time I like tenon joinery, is when I get to see the 'through'
tenons.... and if you're going to drop $ 700..... take a deep breath
and go to Multi-Router.... I said a DEEP breath. Then again, if you're
going Multi-Router.. you're a quarter of the way to a 'Bot.... It is
such a ****er that so many cool tools have so much toy value.

....did I say that?