Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Any Comments on Rigid Palm Sander

"bf" wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm not saying a palm sander is a bad tool or anything.. But don't you
sand all pieces before assembly? That makes things a lot easier..

Yes, I do sand some pieces before assembly, SOMETIMES. If I want a dado
joint to fit as intended I usually sand last, that makes things fit a lot
better. I have a pretty effecient routine down after 30 years. ;~)

As far as sanding between coats of poly, I've had best results from
just using a hand sanding block.

I use 0000 steel wool or a 3M scotch brite pad if anything at all.