Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Default Any Comments on Rigid Palm Sander

Leon wrote:
"Toller" wrote in message

Unless you have a really good reason for using a 1/4 sheet sander, and I
can't imagine what that might be, you should get a ROS instead.
I just sold my 1/4 sheet sander because I hadn't used it in 2 years.

For starters, how about sanding into drawer corners, cabinet corners, or the
edge of 1/2" thick material with out rounding the edges.

I'm not saying a palm sander is a bad tool or anything.. But don't you
sand all pieces before assembly? That makes things a lot easier..

As far as sanding between coats of poly, I've had best results from
just using a hand sanding block.

Basically, I never have to sand into a corner.