Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

Default Q about installing Wonderboard (concrete backer board)

In article . com,
says...
zxcvbob wrote:
When two pieces of backer board meet at an inside corner, do I leave a
little gap, fill it with thinset, then embed a strip of fiberglass tape
like I would a wall seam? Or do I *not* use the tape, and (knowing it will
eventually crack down the center of the joint) use caulk instead of grout
where the tiles meet in the corner? Maybe I'm supposed to tape the corners
*and* use caulk instead of grout?

I thinset/tape the backer board corner, and color-matched caulk the
inside tile corner. Belt and suspenders.

That's always been my plan as well. Try to fix the backer board in
place, but allow the two surfaces to move in case it didn't work.
;-)

It's amazing how close the color matched caulk is to the color of
the grout.

--
Keith