Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] syntaxkill@gmail.com is offline

Default Quik-Crete sealer, first coat left roller marks

Hello,

I just recently stripped the carpet off of, sanded/TSPed, and
primed/painted the concrete of my living room floor. The other night I
applied the first coat of sealer, and upon checking the next day, found
the roller marks left in the sealer. I used Quik-Crete's high-gloss
sealer.

Now, with the painting I was able to cover the entirety of the floor
with one can (gallon), as my living room floor coverage is pretty small
(condo). So; two cans for two coats of paint. I only used half of the
can of the sealer, so perhaps this is an issue with not enough being
applied in the first coat? Too thin of a coat in certain areas? The
saturation of the roller (used suggested: 1/4" nap) was different for
the sealer, obviously, so maybe I wasn't being "generous" enough.

I guess what I'm hoping for is that a second coat will eliminate the
roller marks by evening out the application. Also, it's been somewhat
cold here in Phoenix, Arizona (seriously) - so perhaps the cold weather
wasn't being friendly to the sealer while it was drying?

Does anyone have any suggestions? Would a generous second coat, using
more sealer and being more aggressive with the application even out the
roller marks?

Thanks in advance.

-Matt