Posted to rec.woodworking
SBH SBH is offline

Default Advice on drill press

Since becoming more involved with woodworking, I find the need to
upgrade from my table top drill press to a floor model. Upon doing some
minor research, I lack a bit of knowledge as to what main ingredients
do I need to for a decent drill press. Therefore, I am asking for input
on what I should look for...but two specific questions...what is a
minimum HP rating I should get and what is a "swing"?

Also any input on Harbor Freight presses (yes, I know some HF products
are risky while others have made it for years), Delta presses and a
Sunex brand I am curently viewing.

Thank you for your help