Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham Jones Graham Jones is offline

Default Loft condensation problem

During Winter when there is little wind and cold weather, like now, my
loft suffers from condensation. Ventilation of the roof space is through
four tile vents, two each side. I am not particularly bothered about it,
as it only occurs for a few weeks a year, but it would be nice to sort it.

Do the tile vents sound like adequate ventilation?

Also I have three downlighters in the bathroom and I suspect most of the
moisture is getting to the loft through the holes needed for these. But
what can I cover these with to stop the air escaping from the bathroom?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Graham