Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff Grunff is offline

Default Wiki latest

wrote:

Eh? There is plenty of offsite content relevant to us. Or do you not
think the articles relevant to diy? I dont know. Do people not want
offsite content linked to? If so a lot of useful stuff has to go.

It would be quite a task to completely rewrite all offsite articles so
they can be posted on the wiki - but its upto everyone not just me.

There's nothing wrong with linking to content elsewhere, that's a good
thing. But having large numbers of articles that contain nothing but a
link to another site, like:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...ch:_The_Basics
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...6_Their_Repair
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...neys_%26_Flues
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...inishing_Guide
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...an_Explanation
etc.

seems quite contradictory to the purpose of the wiki. You just end up
with a site that is largely an index for another site.

--
Grunff