Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Basic tool grinding question

Hi Dick, Welcome to rcw. Please join in and take advantage of the help
and camaraderie here, and make your own contributions. All of us blind
hogs are expert in something.

If you haven't already joined the North Florida Woodturners Club, do so.
Great group and they want to help. Club meets monthly on Gaines St.
Details on their site or the AAW site or ask me privately.

A sharpening jig isn't absolutely necessary, but experienced turners use
jigs as well as freehand to sharpen and I recommend the original
Wolverine. You are assured of a proper and repeatable bevel & edge to
begin. It will never wear out and whatever the difference in cost for a
'version' when prorated is miniscule. Starting off right re sharp and
properly bevelled cutting tools will make your good mini Jet deal even
better. Have fun.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter