Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Air Tools for woodworking

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:11:18 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Oh baby - now that's getting manly! A die-grinder on a hunk of wood.
That's taking the Dremmel idea to the max. So tell me - how do you feel
about the use of cutting torches for those stubborn cuts? (ahhhhhh....
cutting torches - my favorite tool).

Sadly, I don't think it would cut very well- but I have seen plywood
and hardboard laser cut a time or two. But does using a plumber's
torch for *rustic* edges count?

You used the "P" word. I was fine with this thread until you had to do
that.

However - to answer your question... I suppose one of those torches could be
considered a worthy tool for the application described, but it somehow seems
to lack the manly stuff that wheeling a cart over to a project has. I mean,
think about it - big stuff, on a cart, gauges, valves, hoses, big hunka
brass, and knobs. Every guy knows that knobs are a good thing to have in
the shop...

--

-Mike-