Posted to alt.home.repair
# Fred # # Fred # is offline

Default How to cut through hard cut nails?

"JA" wrote in message
. ..

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

"JA" wrote in message
. ..
We're remodelling a basement and need to remove hard cut (masonry) nails
that are along side a window. There is no way to reach the nails with a
hammer, so pulling them out or pounding them flush is not an option.
(They are in the concrete block wall around a window frame and we need
to remove them to slide sheetrock or paneling into the space.)

Are there saw blades that will cut through them?

Grind them off.

There's no way to get a grinder near them. I have about a 3/4" clearance.

http://www.amazon.com/Cooper-Group-5.../dp/B00002N7SD

How about something like this? Works in tight places and generate a bunch of
pulling force.