Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent lighting in new kitchen.....

Adrian wrote:
Hi NT

If you want to try it out, why not get some 50p lamp holders on flexes,
put cfls in them and bung them up there. Adjust till happy.

Might just do that g
Tried the local lighting shop - they had lots of little
'mini-fluorescent tubes' for mounting under the wall-cabinets - but
nothing in the way of larger units for bouncing light from the top of
cabinets.

CFLs might be the way to go - I have a couple of high-intensity units
that I use for photography - that's somewhere to start.....

Thanks
Adrian

Once you've got it looking as you want, if you get there, you can
replce them with permament linear fl fittings. Linear fl gives much
longer lamp life, higher efficacy and more even light spread.

NT