Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff Grunff is offline

Default Wiki latest

First, sorry to clutter up the newsgroup with wiki discussion for those
who are not interested, but at the moment we don't have anywhere else to
discuss it (but hopefully will at the end of this message!).

Given that far more people seem in favour of MediaWiki than DokuWiki,
and that DokuWiki appears somewhat broken at the moment (it just
shouldn't be possible to break it by pasting in content, but that's just
what happened), I suggest we remove DokuWiki and stick with MediaWiki,
accessible at: http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/

Additionally, given that very few people seem interested in WordPress, I
suggest we remove that also.

Unless I get any loud "no" shouts, I intend to remove DW and WP
tomorrow. This will leave us with just MW.

I will leave MW up there for now, and see how things go over the next
couple of months. If the content continues to build, and there are no
complaints, I'll leave it up permanently.

Any suggestions for changes to the wiki are welcome, but I please keep
those discussions to some suitable place on the wiki, and not on the
newsgroup.

Does this sound ok to everyone, or does anyone have any problems with
any of it? Feel free to air your concerns here, or drop me an email (it
is valid).

--
Grunff