Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Splitting logs

wrote in message
ps.com...
Does anyone have a suggestion other than a splitting maul on splitting
logs? I can't afford a $1,000 log splitter.

Also, does it matter if I burn stuff like Hedge, Cedar or Elm in my
fireplace, they seem to be the cheapest species available.

Suggestions:

rent one for the day.

find a friend that has one.

buy a used one.

buy one and put it on payments. Home depot will sell you one with no
interest for a year if you open an account.

buy one, then charge people to split wood, having the unit pay for its self.

Can't advise you on wood types.

Only that wood splitters are worth every penny when you see how much work
you can do with so little effort. And, as I said, you can make money.
Either that, or there are lots of times when people will GIVE you wood that
they have cut down. All you have to do is pick it up and split it with your
splitter. I have seen lots of wood that is free for the asking, and they
may even pay you to haul it off.

End of suggestions.

Steve