Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Kitchen Knives Wives Tale?

"RonB" wrote in message

And lastly do you really want to chance slicing you hand open reaching

in
to unload the
thing.

ron

The slicing is a real concern, especially if you keep them as sharp as I

try
to. I was glad to see that our newest washer has a dedicated knife rack
that keeps the blades enclosed in a guarded area that still allows the
washing action to reach them.

I keep my knives razor sharp, but I trust myself to be able to pick up a
knife without slicing myself. A special rack to enclose the blade so the
user does not cut themselves while unloading... sounds more like they're
selling dishwashers to users that should not have any sharp objects around.

--

-Mike-