Posted to rec.woodworking
Eddie Eddie is offline

Default Kitchen Knives Wives Tale?

I though it was the amount of Salt that gets added to dishwashers that does
the damage to the steel.... they are made of stainless steel not marine
gauge stainless steel...
Eddie
"RonB" wrote in message
If somebody were to put my Wüsthofs in the dishwasher, I'd faint.

That just isn't done.

Then again... now I think about it...*thinking*..naaa.. just not done.
It doesn't pass the 'gut-feeling' test.

That's like driving a new RS4 through a carwash!... even a touchless
carwash... just not done.

Good lord. People spend all of their money buying high-end stuff to prove
something. Then they spend all of their time taking extraordanary care of
stuff by not using the high-end washing equipment that sets idle.

BTW, many of the good kitchen knives that we clean in the diswasher; and
renew with oil every year or so, have been around most of our 40 year
marriage.

It isn't low end stuff.

RonB