Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Any Comments on Rigid Palm Sander

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:39:11 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

wrote in message
I have been using a Makita and Dewalt ¼"sheet palm sanders.
They both work well but the dust collection system is not all that good.
The switches are working but at time I need two hands to turn the power on
or off.
The Rigid ¼"sheet palm sander appears to have an improved dust bag that
can be hook to a standard vacuum hose and the switch can be turned on and
off with one hand.
I wonder if someone already have a Rigid and can comment on it.
TIA

Consider the PC SpeedBloc. Old design that has not been changed much in
20+years. Mine lasted 15 years and I replaced it with the same.

It's weight is an advantage when sanding horizontal surfaces, but I've
found it too heavy and the grip too large to hold comfortably to use
on vertical surfaces. I would advise getting whatever feels good in
your hand.

-Leuf