Posted to demon.local,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.motorcycles
Father Kylesmas Father Kylesmas is offline

Default That takes the biscuit.

Harry Bloomfield verbally sodomised in
:

Adrian submitted this idea :
Harry Bloomfield ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

It can be done, but usually not without a lot of protest from the box.
I heard no such protest

Like you would have... As you describe it - surely you were FAR too
busy avoiding him to be listening out...? Not that you'd have had the
windows wide open on a night like tonight anyway...

I commonly do drive with the drivers window wide open and in shirt
sleeves, especially so in built up areas - I like to be able to see and
hear what is happening. The 'avoiding' would have taken place after the
crunch of gearbox - had there been one - it would have served as a
warning. The was certainly no crunch to be heard. It happened last
night (Monday).

If your co-ordination is as slow as it appears to be from your
perceptions of what can and can't be done with moving a gearlever, it
probably explains why you get so many "close calls".

My co-ordination is good, my thinking fast and accurate, my reactions
extremely fast - which is why he missed me despite two attempts ;-)

I get many close calls because of the amount of time I spend on the
road and the types of road I need to drive.

Faced with such antics your response would have been...?

Give you the prongs and then punch you.

--
Phil Kyle™

h i