Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Thermostat - replace Sunvic TLX2259

Nabs wrote:

I have found that I need to move my room thermostat either higher up
the wall so I can put a cupboard underneath it or consider a wireless
job... (thought the latter are expensive).

I have an old Sunvic TLX2259 thermostat and it really is an eyesore so
thought I might as well change it if in the process. Has anyone
replaced such a thing and how did they do it - preferably with minimal
wiring.

Thanks

As far as I can see, it's a fairly bog standard room stat - with nothing
fancy about it - so you can replace it with just about any room stat. It
appears to have a built-in accelerator heater, and so needs a neutral
connection in addition to live and switched live. If you use an electronic
stat (wired or wireless), this doesn't need - and won't have - an
accelerator heater, so you only need to use 2 of the 3 wires. [Tape up the
neutral to make it safe - *don't* be tempted to connect it to a 'spare'
change-over terminal like some dangerous clots do!]
--
Cheers,
Roger