Posted to uk.d-i-y
SirBenjamin SirBenjamin is offline

Default Sticking plastic

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:36:15 -0000, "nospam"
wrote:

"JellyBelly" wrote in message

"nospam" wrote in message

I've got a paper shredder (not one of the cheap ones) where the plastic
casing around the blades has been broken by the pressure of the paper
etc. I have tried to glue(with super glue) it back together but the joint
keeps breaking even after letting the glue dry for 24 hours.

Any recommended glues / reinforcing I could try. I did try to stick on
plastic reinforcing, but the glue did not hold

Thanks

If the pressure of paper is sufficient to break it when it's a solid
piece, glueing it will never work because the break-line will always be a
weak spot - much weaker than the solid piece it used to be. Get yourself
down to your local Woolworths and buy one of these:

http://www.woolworths.co.uk/ww_p2/pr...l?pid=50282463

Takes up to 5 sheets at a time and will even shred credit cards. Been
using ours for the past year without any problems, and at £14.99 it's just
not worth the hassle (and frustration when the glued repair fails) of
trying to glue it.

JellyBelly

Thanks Jelly Belly
I though that may the answer, that it was not possible to fix.
I purchased the model shown below as I considered it to be the best at the
time
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/6700744.htm

May be I was wrong, may be I need a heaver duty model. I just feel the
Woolworths one will not last long either

Anyone any comments ?

A small bin in the backyard,a box of matches and the rest is up to
you.

Lidl are selling a shredder next thursday for 15GBP I believe it
shreds CD's as well?