Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Polystyrene Insulation

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 07:09:07 -0800, ken70 wrote:

Thank you for the replies, not sure whether to post at top or bottom.
However, had the idea that the foil would delay spread of flames and
flames would burn away from it anyway. Flooring is screwed down so not a
big job to dismantle. Could have sworn Kingspan was Polystyrene with added
foil, and is recommended for under floor. Also I notice Wickes sell
Polystyrene for the same purpose.
Is consulting the Local Authority Building Inspector FREE.??

snipped

================================
I did this same job about three years ago except that I used just the
polystyrene without foil. I asked my local BCO about suitability and he
said there were no problems with using polystyrene in this way.

I was aware from posts elsewhere that PVC wiring and polystyrene was a bad
mix so I made sure that the wiring runs were kept separate from the
polystyrene. As far as fire risk is concerned I don't think I've ever
heard of a fire starting under a suspended floor so I think the risk must
be quite minimal.

Cic.

--
Testing UBUNTU Linux