Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

Default Pipe repair in cramped space

In article ,
says...
Instead of a 2" strip, try a 1" strip and loop it around 360 degrees and

I think 1" is the standard width for plumber's emory cloth. I think
what you are saying is that I should expect to spend a lot of time.

No, just loop the Emery cloth around the pipe and turn it. ou
should be able to do this with 1/16" space. The issue is how to
heat it without torching the place. The carbon-fiber pads work,
th9ugh not as well as asbestos. You might try putting so aluminum
flashing behind carbon fiber pads.

--
Keith