Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default Repair R/C Car Reciever

On 20 Dec 2006 17:55:30 -0800 wrote in Message id:
.com:

So, it is also dangerous for nitro or high power
electric car to switch on the power on the car first before the
transmitter is on.

From what I remember when I was a boy flying R/C planes (back in the late
70's), switching on the transmitter first keeps the servos from getting
"jammed" at the far end of their travel, possibly damaging the gears.
Whether this was a myth or not, or whether the current crop of RC stuff is
subject to this...?

FWIW, I have seen them lurch suddenly in one direction when turning on the
transmitter after the receiver. (I just HAD to try it