Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Any Comments on Rigid Palm Sander

"Leon" wrote in message
et...

"Toller" wrote in message

Unless you have a really good reason for using a 1/4 sheet sander, and I
can't imagine what that might be, you should get a ROS instead.
I just sold my 1/4 sheet sander because I hadn't used it in 2 years.

For starters, how about sanding into drawer corners, cabinet corners, or
the edge of 1/2" thick material with out rounding the edges.

I have never had a problem with edges.
It will not get into corners, but that is what a multimate is for. It gets
into corners better than a 1/4 sheet sander.
And yes, the supplies cost more. If you time is valued at $2/hour, the 1/4
sheet is probably the right choice; that would be an exception to what I
said.