Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Air Tools for woodworking

"Prometheus" wrote in message

An air ROS (often called a DA as well) is an excellent tool. I like
them a lot better than my electric.

I likes the way you talk...

A die-grinder can have some uses as well, if you're doing any heavy
contouring or power sanding on a lathe.

Oh baby - now that's getting manly! A die-grinder on a hunk of wood.
That's taking the Dremmel idea to the max. So tell me - how do you feel
about the use of cutting torches for those stubborn cuts? (ahhhhhh....
cutting torches - my favorite tool).

Can't recommend a manufacturer offhand, but the air sanders are well
worth the money, at least in every case I've seen.

For what it's worth - like everything else, the knock-off market has done a
good job in this area. It was not so long ago that DA's from the
knock-off's didn't stack up to some of the name brands, but that's
yesterday's news. I bought a DA from Keystone Automotive and I don't even
know what the "brand name" they sell their knock-offs under, but I paid $40
for it and I've never looked back. I would guess the same could be said of
the HF product these days as well.

--

-Mike-