Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default unusual bandsaw question

(Hey, this is a serious question so all sarcastic responses are
welcome)
Has anyone ever turned their 14 inch bandsaw on its side to make it
into a mini lumber mill, similar to the commercial units that are- or
were- available? I'm thinking taking the table off would be
advantageous (it's a 40+ year old Delta Rockwell machine) but I think
some type of lower guard protection is necessary. On the other hand,
maybe keeping the table would provide a sturdy and significant edge
guide.
Weight is not a factor as I have a very sturdy joist system to suspend
this from and I thought this could be a cheap way to make boards from
logs. Thanks in advance,

Marc